Moving teeth is not easy — it alters your bite and affects the underlying bone. Choosing a highly qualified orthodontist NYC is an important decision.
Questions I would ask anyone offering to manage my orthodontic treatment include:
(1) How would you rate your experience and expertise with Invisalign and traditional braces?
(2) How much formal training in orthodontics have you achieved, and how many hours of continuing education in orthodontics do you maintain per year?
(3) Can you describe your understanding of the physics and biology of tooth movement specifically related to my situation?
(4) Do you build your own treatment plans, or does a lab technician build them for you?
(5) If the treatment plan you construct does not progress exactly as planned, then what is your backup plan?
(6) What is your philosophy regarding occlusal adjustments?
(7) How long should I expect to wear a retainer?